Co-owner, Kitchen Kettle Village
After over thirty years of collaborating with her mother and two brothers to lead the development of Kitchen Kettle Village, Joanne has decided to make way for the third generation of family members. Kitchen Kettle started as a small retail store with a manufacturing kitchen and grew to become a community of over 35 shops, restaurants and lodging rooms that hosts almost a million people each year. Presently, as the owner of The Inn at Kitchen Kettle Village, Joanne manages to keep her fingers solidly in the business, while having the opportunity to work with North Group clients and still having time to enjoy her children and grandchildren.
Joanne currently serves on the Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health Board of Trustees, chairs the Mission and Community Benefit Committee, and serves on the Governance and Executive Committees. She continues to serve on the Discover Lancaster Board of Directors after chairing the Board in 2017. In 2019, Joanne was named Entrepreneur of the Year by her alma mater, Washington & Jefferson College.
- My family – Allyson and Ryan; Scott and Heidi and their four children
- My getaways to Big Timber, Montana
- My flexible schedule
- Seeing the big picture (which means sometimes forgetting some of the details)
- Stretching people beyond their own perception of their capabilities
- Understanding the importance of relationships and owning your part in making them work
- Seeing all the options and presenting them for others to be able to decide a course of action
- Curiosity about new things and a willingness to try them
Little known fact:
- I’ve sung leading roles in a number of operas (in a distant past)
- “If you don’t dare, you’re doomed to dullness.”
- “Traveler, there is no path. Paths are made by walking.”