With over 25 years experience in his family’s agriculture business, GFI Transport, Roger brings a wealth of knowledge in finance, IT, agriculture, transportation, storage, and family business dynamics to North Group’s consulting team. As an owner and leader of GFI Transport, Roger, alongside his brother, transformed the company from an enterprise that raised animals, crops and manufactured feed to a thriving bulk transportation company with storage facilities and a truck and trailer consignment auction joint venture. Roger recognizes his father as someone who played an influential role in shaping his view of leadership integrity.
Roger is an avid networker, bicycling enthusiast, and church volunteer. One of Roger’s greatest joys is spending time with his wife, Patti, and their four children and two grandchildren.
“Character is much easier kept than recovered.” – C.S. Lewis
Things that make me happy:
- Time with my wife, Patti
- Listening as our kids and grandkids laugh and share stories around the kitchen table
- Bantering with friends as we ride our bicycles through Lancaster County
- Mentoring young men as a volunteer with LifeCycles
One word that describes me:
- Extending a helping hand
- Reinforcing relationships with good communication
- Asking thoughtful questions
- Connecting people
Small things that make my day better:
Physical exercise and time with my Savior and Lord