“The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership.” —Harvey Firestone
Emerging Teams is a service initiative from North Group Consultants specifically geared toward developing your next generation of leaders. Whether these folks are young high potential – high performers, veterans soon transitioning to next level leadership responsibilities, or somewhere in between, we believe this developmental approach will assist in their understanding of organizational health.
At North Group we have always been passionate about the importance of sustained relationships when supporting the development of leaders and their organizations to their highest potential. Development initiatives are often short-term, condensed information sessions with little time to put concepts into practice. Our Emerging Teams initiative is designed to ensure effective learning reinforced over time.
Specifically, we will teach concepts and develop skills on the following six topics:
- Organizational Health– Defining the elements and benefits of organizational health, Everything DiSC ® behavioral profile and self-awareness, and the importance of alignment within an organization
- High Performance Teams– Building trust, navigating difficult conversations, maintaining accountability, and achieving optimal results
- Purpose & Clarity– Establishing team / departmental / organizational purpose, setting behavioral standards, solidifying products and services, and creating strategic anchors
- Effective Communication– Understanding communication types, discovering how others receive information, and mastering healthy conflict and crucial conversations
- Structure & Process– Growing teams and hiring, managing performance, recognizing positive actions/behaviors, understanding consequences, and fostering employee engagement
- Meetings & Recognition– Distinguishing meeting types and purposes, creating intentional agendas, crafting effective next steps
Emerging Teams is a year-long developmental initiative that will utilize a monthly meeting rhythm, alternating between large group “cohorts” and one-on-one coaching sessions. Large group cohorts will meet for half-day sessions. One-on-one coaching sessions will take place with a Consultant to help advance members’ unique understanding of topics and apply them to their individual working scenarios and teams.
Perhaps more importantly, individuals will learn and practice with folks from other organizations and industries, finding different and new ways to observe, analyze, and solve various organizational issues.
As you consider how Emerging Teams may be beneficial to your organization, here’s a brief overview of this new service:
- Purpose: To develop an understanding of and the skills associated with organizational health, effective leadership behaviors and high performing teams
- Who: Individuals from various organizations and industries; an organization can send a team of 2-5 individuals (min. 2 for group homework, max. 5 to vary representation)
- Timeframe: 1 year – 6 half-day, large group sessions every other month; 6 one-on-one coaching check-ins for every individual every other month
If you want to learn more about Emerging Teams, participating, and/or involving some of your team members in this initiative, we would be delighted to connect. Please email Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.